Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I made it!

HALLO- (hello)

It's my first official day in Germany and surprisingly I am not experiencing any jet lag...yet. When I arrived at the Munich airport I was concerned I would not know what or where I was going...I just followed the stream of people. I made it through immigration with no problem and went to pick up my bags.....and found all of them but one...so I'm out a huge suitcase of clothes, toiletries, and socks...I'm hoping it doesn't take too long to get here.

Yesterday I arrived at the home I would be staying. It's very nice and the family I am staying with is great. I unpacked the luggage I had and sat outside in the sun for a while. The weather is beautiful right now...all the windows and doors are open in the house. Anyways...back to yesterday...we (Mirium and I) went to get ice cream. The guy serving us the ice cream asked me where I was from....I think I stressed him out a little because he ended up giving Mirium more change back than what she actually gave him to begin with....it was funny. He thought I was from England...I told him Idaho and he looked at me like I was crazy...I keep forgetting not everybody knows where that is...Ha Ha!

After we got back I took a nap...then I went to practice. Practice was good for the most part. My legs were a little tired and my brain was as well. After practice we had dinner (nothing that I can't eat yet) and lemonade with beer in it...oh my gosh it was so good. The lemonade really took the beer flavor away....try it!

I got to talk to my mom so that was nice...I was feeling a little homesick because I was unable to talk to my family on demand! That's something I'll have to get use to. They got me a cell phone but it's a pay as you go kind of thing...no set plan...which means no texting...I don't know if I'll survive!

Today we're going to Munich (or the city as Mirium calls it). I'm going to try to replace some of the essentials that are lost and take a lot of pictures. I'll update this when I get back with some pics of the City.

tschΓΌss (bye)

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! I'm so glad to hear all is well. I'll send you Shampoo if you never get that bag!! Keep me posted. I miss you....Your sub isn't as cute as you are! ha ha. He's an old guy. lol

    ReplyDelete